Thursday, March 31, 2011

Teriyaki Salmon with Roasted Veggies


Every once in a while, you have to pamper yourself. What better way than with food? One night my friend, Ashley, came over to hang out, and we decided to make dinner. Brian has always been better at cooking fish than I am, so I decided to let him handle the salmon, and I'd handle the veggies. This meal was so simple to make, yet it seemed so luxurious! Here we go:

Teriyaki Salmon with Roasted Veggies
1 lb asparagus
2 red bell peppers
8 oz salmon fillet
3/4 c Teriyaki marinade
1/4 c olive oil
salt & pepper
2 tbs grated parmesan

Preheat the oven to 400ยบ.
For the salmon, unwrap from the package and cut into serving sizes. I typical healthy serving size of fish is 3-5ox (I normally go for 3 oz.) Tip: a 3 oz. piece of fish (or chicken or steak) is roughly the size of a deck of cards. Make sure to properly clean the cutting board and knife you used afterwards. Then, put the fish into a ziptop bag and pour the Teriyaki marinade into it. Seal and refrigerate for at least 25 minutes. (Note: I used ready-made Teriyaki marinade to save time, but if you'd like to make your own *more power to ya!* then here is a link to a very easy recipe: click here) When your 25 minutes are up, take the salmon pieces out of the bag and place onto a baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes (this depends on how hot your oven actually runs... and how thick your pieces actually are. Just roast them until they're cooked through).

For the veggies, wash the asparagus and snap off the woody ends and lay them onto a baking sheet. Then, cut the bell peppers into desired shapes (be sure to remove ribs and seeds) and also lay onto the baking sheet. drizzle the veggies with olive oil, salt and pepper, and roast them for 15-20 minutes (until fork tender) and sprinkle with Parmesan. Easy enough.











chow down


You don't have to spend a truckload of money, or a truckload of time to pamper yourself. Fool your pallet into thinking you've paid a fortune at some fancy restaurant, and cook at home with your loved ones! I have never been much of a seafood person, but the more Brian makes fish for me at home, the more I like it! Maybe I'll become a seafood person after all.

Foodie Foodie!
My little kitchen helper (my cat, Olive) has fallen ill- prayers and good thoughts are much appreciated. <3 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hey sorry to hear about little Olive! Hopes she gets better!